(Non-tenure Track Senior Instructor)
The University of Colorado Denver’s Auraria Library is searching for a dynamic, innovative, and customer service focused Access and Public Services, Department Head. The Auraria Library is located on the Auraria Campus in downtown Denver, Colorado. The Library is administered by the University of Colorado Denver and serves over 45,000 students from three institutions of higher education on one campus – University of Colorado Denver, Metropolitan State University of Denver, and Community College of Denver. The Auraria Library is newly renovated and for more information about the renovation, visit http://library.auraria.edu/renovations/phases/innovating-dreams.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Leads and promotes the operations of the Library’s integrated service points that provide desk and roving assistance for first level of reference, disability services, library technology, general inquiries, circulation, course reserves and document delivery.
- Explores and implements ongoing technological and programmatic advances in access and public services.
- Liaises with campus partners participating in the Auraria Library’s Knowledge Market, currently including research, writing and tutoring services, as well as envisioning future partnerships.
- Captures, analyzes, and assesses transactional and performance metrics and data to determine trends and develop strategies to improve the library experience for students, faculty and staff.
- Leads a department of 6 full-time employees and 12-15 student employees. Directly supervises 3 full-time employees.
Compensation: $70,000-$75,000 commensurate with education and experience.
Benefits: For a benefits overview, visit https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits.
Application Deadline: This position is open until filled.
Start Date: Summer 2017.
- Master’s degree from an ALA-accredited library school or program.
- Two years of relevant professional experience in access and public services, reference, circulation (including an integrated library system), interlibrary loan, document delivery, and/or course reserves.
- Two years of supervisory experience.
Application Instructions: To apply, visit https://cu.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=09052.
For more about the University of Colorado Denver’s Auraria Library, visit http://library.auraria.edu.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations on all prospective employees.