(Non-tenure Track Instructor)
The University of Colorado Denver’s Auraria Library seeks a Graduate Teaching and Learning Librarian who will facilitate information literacy sessions and develop programs for a growing graduate student population. The Auraria Library is located on the Auraria Campus in downtown Denver, Colorado. The Library is administered by the University of Colorado Denver and serves over 45,000 students from three institutions of higher education on one campus – University of Colorado Denver, Metropolitan State University of Denver, and Community College of Denver. The Auraria Library is newly renovated and for more information about the renovation, visit http://library.auraria.edu/renovations/phases/innovating-dreams.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Facilitates one-time instruction sessions (face-to-face and online) in a broad range of disciplines to graduate students and upper-division undergraduate courses.
- Designs and implements curriculum and corresponding assessments.
- Liaises with select target populations, student support services and/or community groups.
- Delivers and promotes research consultation services across a large, complex, and rapidly changing information landscape. This includes delivering research help via appointments, f2f within or outside the Library, and virtual services (using IM, email, etc.).
- Participates in Library and campus-wide committees.
Compensation: $50,000-$55,000 commensurate with education and experience.
Benefits: For a benefits overview, visit https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits.
Application Deadline: Open until filled. For full consideration, apply by May 7, 2017.
Start Date: Summer 2017.
- Master’s degree from an ALA-accredited library school or program. Degree must be conferred before the start date.
- Experience teaching information literacy in an academic library or higher education setting.
- Experience with outreach or services for graduate students.
Application Instructions: To apply, visit https://cu.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=09255.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations on all prospective employees.