Auraria Library provides you with support for printing and scanning, computer logons and self-checkout machines, as well as basic tech help such as email, attachments and scanning, and using the wireless network.
- Printing and scanning
- Computer workstations and logons
- Self-checkout machines
- Basic tech help such as email, attachments and scanning
- Using the wireless network
- Tech items checkout
- and more
Stop by Ask Us on the 1st floor of Auraria Library for assistance.
You can use any computer in three main computer labs within Auraria Library.
- 128 computers in North Computing, on the 1st floor near the Lawrence Street Entrance.
- 77 computers in South Computing, on the 1st floor along the south windows.
- 40 computers in West Computing, on the 2nd floor near the west windows.
You can find specialized research software on the 12 Apple computers in the Research Zone on the 1st floor of Auraria Library.
Log In to Library Computers
Log in to a Library workstation with your last name and 9-digit campus ID number.
Save Your Work
Save your work to a USB drive, to cloud storage, or by emailing documents to yourself. Library computers reset with each login, so your work cannot be saved to the desktop.
Each of the Windows computers has the following software:
The following items are available on a first come, first served basis:
- Dell Laptops
- TI-84+ Graphing Calculators
- DVD Players
- Point and Shoot Cameras
- Video Cameras
- Wacom Tablets
- 3D Pens
- Wifi Hotspots
You can borrow tech checkout items at Ask Us in Auraria Library for short-term usage.