Our instruction program is a collaboration between you, the librarian, and your students.
Library workshop objectives will emphasize:
- higher order concepts: e.g. creating a research question, search terms, evaluating search results and sources;
- advanced search techniques (these can be database or discipline specific);
- an individually focused research consultation environment.
Submit requests at least two weeks or 14 days in advance so that the librarian can prepare learning objectives, materials and assessment instruments.
To request a room or class:
- View the schedule and request a room.
- Select between two classrooms, "tour," or "other campus location".
- Check all boxes (time increments) that might apply.
- Use the drop-down to select a library instructor or "none needed".
- MSUDenver English 1020: please use the Virtual Library Class (CIRCLe) scheduling form.
- Use the CIRCLe form for non face-to-face library instruction services: integrating library resources, assignments, online instruction.
After you schedule a class:
- Your request will be pending until we can find a librarian to teach the class.
- You will receive an email from the library instructor. If you do not, please email or call, Judith Valdez (Judith.Valdez at ucdenver.edu or 303-556-4999).
- Please be able to provide the following for the librarian conducting the session:
- A copy of your syllabus and research related assignments.
- Research topics -- students should know their topics and be ready to share them during the workshop. If this is not possible, consider having topic development as a learning objective for the workshop.
- Assignments -- library sessions are more relevant when students have a research related assignment. General overviews or tours do not need a librarian to be present.
- Pre-class assessment or survey -- If the librarian develops a pre-assessment please provide a point value for students.
* Students need to complete all pre-library class assignments (if provided by your librarian) prior to the session.
What if I can't get library instruction for my class?
The demand for face-to-face library instruction is high. If we can't accommodate your request please use our many online tutorials and assessments. Use the Virtual Library Class or CIRCLe form for help in developing a fully integrated experience in library research for your students.