Auraria Library is pleased to announce it will be awarded $4 million by the State of Colorado Long Bill. The Long Bill funding will cover overall building design costs, in addition to helping finance a number of renovation projects. The Colorado State House and Senate voted in favor of the renovation plans, and Governor Hickenlooper signed the bill on Monday, Apr. 29, 2013.
After signing the bill, Governor Hickenlooper toured Auraria Library to view first hand where the necessary renovations will occur.
The Long Bill funding enables the Library to move forward on the following important projects:
· Second floor restroom remodel
· A portion of the “Main Street” project, including addressing ADA and accessibility needs
· Relocation of Special Collections
· Way-finding signage on the first floor
· A portion of new shelving
These projects will allow Auraria Library to meet the current and changing needs of the faculty and students on the Auraria Campus, while continuing on the path to being a 21st century academic library.