The University of Colorado Denver’s Auraria Library seeks an E-Resources Access Librarian who will lead the Library’s efforts to meet the challenges of accessing and managing electronic resources. This 12-month non-tenure track instructor position will focus on streamlining the access and discovery of learning materials to promote new forms of scholarly communication and foster the acquisitions-to-discovery workflow vision of a 21st-century academic library.
Over 80% of the Library’s $3.6M Learning Materials budget is dedicated to electronic resources. The E-Resources Access Librarian has primary leadership responsibility for maintaining and troubleshooting access to Auraria Library’s electronic materials. This position will supervise the E-Resources Cataloging Librarian and one student assistant.
For more about The University of Colorado Denver’s Auraria Library, visit http://library.auraria.edu.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Work closely with library systems (Serials Solutions, Innovative, EZ Proxy), database vendors (EBSCO, Proquest, Gale), and publishers (Oxford, Cambridge) to create and follow best practices for providing excellent access to Auraria Library’s electronic content.
- Analyzes the Library’s role as a content access provider and develops best practices for streamlining access using appropriate data.
- Analyzes daily user access issues to uncover and diagnose larger, systemic issues, for example, issues affecting off-campus access, online security, mobile devices, and platform changes.
- Investigates, develops, and implements proactive workflows and processes to identify electronic access issues before they become problems.
Compensation: $50,000-$55,000 commensurate with education and experience.
Benefits: For a benefits overview, visit https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits.
Application Deadline: Open until filled. For full consideration, apply by March 8, 2017.
- Master’s degree from an ALA-accredited library school or program.
- Experience managing electronic resources
Application Instructions: To apply, visit https://cu.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=08502.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations on all prospective employees.