The Digital Media Student Assistant will work in various technology-enriched learning spaces in Auraria Library providing support to campus students, faculty and staff. Applicants with experience in one area are encouraged to apply, with the expectation that they will train up in the other areas of responsibility. The Digital Media Student Assistant collaborates with the Creative Technologies Unit, other Student Assistants, and the rest of the Information & Educational Technology Services Department to deliver quality, courteous, and responsive customer service in support of public-facing services.
- Assist customers with drop-in support of design and multimedia production software, including Audacity, iMovie, and Adobe Creative Cloud software.
- Review and process large format printing requests.
- Provide digitization services for image, video, and audio content.
- Demonstrate use of and provide support for the portfolio photography studio.
- Review and process 3D print or scan requests and provide basic support for associated equipment and software.
- Provide basic customer support in 3D modeling.
Schedule: 10-16 hours per week, fixed schedule between the hours of 9:00am and 5:00pm on Monday and Wednesday.
Compensation: $12.50/hr commensurate with skills and experience.
Application Deadline: This position is open until filled. Screening to begin immediately.
Start Date: Flexible
- Enrolled in at least one credit at a higher education institution
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and/or InDesign
- Experience with studio photography and/or digital camera and light kit functionality
- Experience with 3D modeling software such as Blender, Maya, or Rhinoceros
- Experience with 3D printing and / or scanning
- Experience with customer service
Application Instructions: To apply, email a copy of your fall 2018 course schedule, work hours availability and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations on all prospective employees.