The Auraria Library is located on the Auraria Campus in downtown Denver, Colorado. The Library is administered by the University of Colorado Denver and serves over 45,000 students from three institutions of higher education on one campus University of Colorado Denver, Metropolitan State University of Denver, and Community College of Denver.
(Non-tenure Track Senior Instructor)
The University of Colorado Denver's Auraria Library is searching for an enthusiastic and knowledgeable leader to fill our Discovery and Metadata, Department Head position. The Discovery and Metadata Department administers the Library’s discovery layer (Summon), knowledge base (360 Workflow Solutions), and EZ Proxy software and oversees the cataloging and metadata creation for Auraria Library’s purchased and subscribed content. The Discovery and Metadata Department consists of three faculty and two staff employees. This position directly supervises three employees. The Department Head also works closely with the Collections Strategies unit to streamline and manage the Library’s acquisition-to-discovery library materials workflow ensuring the best possible user experience.
Leadership in Discovery, Metadata, and Access
- Provides strategic, long-term vision for the Library’s access points including the discovery layer (Summon), the library catalog (Skyline, III Sierra), WorldCat, Prospector (state wide union catalog), and Google Scholar.
- Oversees and evaluates metadata creation for the library’s purchased and subscribed learning materials in all formats, including developing best and inclusive practices and performing quality control.
Leadership in Electronic Resources Management
- With members of the Collections Strategies unit, evaluates, develops, and improves acquisition-to-discovery process for purchased and subscribed library materials ensuring the best possible user experience.
- Plays a leadership role on the electronic resources Troubleshooting Team and serves as expert in analyzing and resolving access issues.
- Master’s degree from a library school or program.
- Experience in an academic or research library in one or more of the following areas, electronic resource management, cataloging, or metadata creation.
- Supervisory experience in an academic or research library.
- Experience with current and emerging technologies including integrated library systems, discovery layers, URL resolvers, APIs.
- Experience working with metadata and/or cataloging in an academic or research library environment.
Compensation: $70,000-$75,000 commensurate with skills and experience.
Start Date: January or February 2019.
Application Instructions: To apply, visit https://cu.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=15022
Application Deadline: This position is open until filled. For full consideration, apply by November 14, 2018. Applications received after November 14, 2018 may or may not be considered.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations on all prospective employees.