(Non-tenure Track Faculty)
The University of Colorado Denver’s Auraria Library seeks an E-Resources Access Librarian who will lead the Library’s efforts to meet the challenges of accessing and managing electronic resources. The E-Resources Access Librarian is responsible for establishing, maintaining, and troubleshooting access to Auraria Library’s licensed and open access electronic resources. This position works closely with colleagues in the Technical Services Division and across the Library’s other divisions to ensure reliable access to and discovery of E-Resources across various platforms and discovery points. This librarian is committed to staying abreast of trends and best practices related to discovery and access and is comfortable with the continuously changing landscape of electronic resources. With over 80% of the Library’s $3.6M learning materials budget dedicated to electronic resources and the majority of Auraria Library’s users accessing E-Resources from off campus, this position plays a vital role in the research and learning of Auraria campus’s students, faculty, and staff.
As a faculty member, the librarian participates on Library and campus-wide committees and in CU Denver faculty governance. The E-Resources Access Librarian engages in fulfilling the research and educational missions of the Auraria Library and the three institutions on the Auraria Campus – the University of Colorado Denver, the Metropolitan State University of Denver, and the Community College of Denver. This position is in the Technical Services Division of the Library and reports to the Discovery and Metadata, Department Head.
Electronic Resources Access
- Works closely with library systems (Serials Solutions, Innovative, EZ Proxy), database vendors (EBSCO, ProQuest, Gale), and publishers (Oxford, Cambridge) to create and follow best practices for providing excellent access to Auraria Library’s electronic content.
- Actively investigates and effectively communicates enhancements and upgrades to the Library’s electronic management and discovery software.
- Leads the Troubleshooting Team, a cross-departmental committee of Library staff dedicated to identifying and removing obstacles to accessing the Library’s electronic content.
- Strategically engages with colleagues to customize the Library’s discovery layer to provide a user experience that supports the educational mission of the Library.
- Master’s degree from an ALA-accredited library school or program.
- Experience managing electronic resources.
- Experience managing current and emerging library technologies including integrated library systems, discovery layers, and/or URL resolvers.
- Experience cataloging electronic resources in an academic or research library.
Compensation: $55,000-$60,000 commensurate with skills and experience.
Start Date: Spring 2019.
Application Instructions: To apply, visit https://cu.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=15700.
Application Deadline: This position is open until filled. For full consideration, apply by March 3, 2019. Applications received after March 3, 2019 may or may not be considered.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations on all prospective employees.