This position will provide education and outreach to the students, faculty, and staff of the Auraria Campus, which serves the University of Colorado Denver, Metropolitan State University Denver, and the Community College of Denver. Our Education and Outreach Student Assistants form the core of our public service model, and this is very much a hands-on position. Successful applicants can expect authentic experiences involving research help and library instruction, as well as other opportunities related to the day-to-day operations of a large academic library, such as collections and digitization projects.
- Provide in-person and online research help to Auraria Library users.
- Conduct library instruction sessions in a range of disciplines.
- Develop in-class exercises and assessments that will help students advance their research abilities.
- Create and edit online materials, including research guides and video tutorials.
- Engage in campus outreach events to promote library resources, spaces, and services.
- Receive professional support and guidance from Auraria Library faculty and staff to ensure success in this position.
Schedule: 20-25 hours per week, flexible Monday-Friday 8:00am-6:00pm. Some Saturdays will be required.
Application Deadline: Open until filled. Screen will begin immediately.
Start Date: Positions are available beginning August 19, 2019.
- Enrolled in a graduate level program.
- Familiarity with academic library services.
- Enrolled in a Library and Information Science graduate program.
- Experience with teaching, public speaking, or leading tours.
- Interest in academic librarianship, especially instruction and/or research help services.
Application Instructions: To apply, email a copy of your fall 2019 course schedule and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations on all prospective employees.