Auraria Library will be hiring a student to work in Interlibrary Loan, starting as soon as possible.
- This job will be 20 hours/week typically in 5 flexible four-hour shifts, Monday – Friday.
- All work will be done 100% remotely – no in-library presence required.
- Starting pay will be approximately $18.82/hour.
- The job is currently funded through the end of Spring 2021, with the expectation that the position will continue beyond that.
Interlibrary Loan student assistant position performs a variety of duties related to processing Interlibrary Loan requests and understands the Auraria library policies and procedures. Abilities of the student include attention to detail, to work independently and to understand the borrowing and lending workflow procedures (both clerical and technical).
- Utilize the specialized interlibrary loan software and search engines – ILLiad, Rapid, OCLC Worldcat, Sierra, Summon, Google Scholar, Occam’s Reader, and electronic databases
- Processing of Borrowing, Lending, and Document Delivery requests
- Assist with standardization of workflows, and updates policy and procedure documentation as needed
- Search for requested items
- Sending electronic documents via Odyssey, Document Delivery, email, or mail
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Enrolled in at least three credit hours at the CU Denver, MSU Denver, or Community College of Denver; or at least one (graduate level) credit hour at a higher education institution
- Ability to perform independently and as part of a team
- Previous library experience
- Experience with ILLiad
- Enrolled in a Library Science graduate program
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and organizational skills
- General computer operating knowledge
- Critical thinking, problem solving, and decisional judgement when process may vary slightly.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
If you are interested or have questions please email Philip.Gaddis@ucdenver.edu. If you are applying please send a cover letter and current resume/CV.