Classified Staff; Library Technician II
The Public Services Specialist directly serves library users by working at the two main service points in the library: Ask Us Desk and Ask Me Desk. They will answer a variety of questions about the library and campus. The Public Services Specialist acts as the point person at the Ask Us Desk when needed. As point person, they will be responsible for opening/closing the library, guiding student employees, and serving as the person in charge of the library until leadership is on-site.
Examples of Work Performed
- Perform circulation functions including; checking materials in and out, registering patrons, renewing, searching for items, and resolving patron account issues.
- Support library users by answering directional and reference questions, providing tech support, and reporting facility needs.
Work Schedule: Saturday and Sunday 8:00am-5:00pm. Monday-Wednesday 1:00pm-10:00pm.
Compensation: $35,340 - $38,976 commensurate with education and experience.
- Two years of experience working in library support including customer service experience.
- Substitution: College or university course work, appropriate to the work assignment, may substitute for the general clerical experience on a year-for-year basis, but not for the one year of specific experience.
- Colorado law requires that candidates for state government jobs be residents of Colorado at the time of application.
- Bachelor’s degree in library science, social sciences, humanities, statistics, liberal arts, business, English, communication, or closely related field.
- Experience utilizing Microsoft Word to develop, edit and update reports, handouts and correspondence.
- Experience utilizing Microsoft Excel to maintain statistics, data, and information.
- Experience working in library service area with appropriate automated systems, such as Interlibrary Loan systems like OCLC, ILLiad, DOCLINE, Rapid, or library Circulation systems like Innovative Interfaces, ExLibris ALMA, etc.
- Experience working with internal and external contacts, such as students, staff, and faculty.
Application Deadline: This position is open until October 9, 2019.
Application Instructions: To apply, visit https://cu.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=17339.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations on all prospective employees.