Student Assistant VI
The Researcher Support Services Student Assistant will engage in activities related to researcher support, collection development, and online research guides as well as other opportunities related to the day-to-day operations of a large academic library. Every employee of the library is expected to treat others, and in return be treated, with respect and dignity.
- Withdraw or transfer material from collections
- Assess use of government publications and reference material to assist with weeding
- Update catalog records for missing and/or improperly cataloged items
- Assist with the assessment of collection development
- Review, update, and create online research guides using LibGuides software
- Lead research workshops
- Develop online tutorials to support research workshops
- Process gift collections
- Assist student worker with shelving and/or processing of new materials when necessary
- May assist with reference triage and any special projects for the library in general as needed
Schedule: 15 hours per week. Hours are flexible Monday-Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm.
Compensation: $17.02/hr commensurate with skills and experience.
Application Deadline: This position is open until filled. Screening to begin immediately.
Start Date: As soon as practical.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work well independently and as a team
- Commitment to inclusivity and equity
- Enrolled in at least one credit at a higher education institution.
- Enrolled in a graduate program of library science or related field of study
- Demonstration of interest in librarianship, especially collection management and services that support research
- Knowledge of data analysis or GIS software and techniques
- Knowledge of Video editing software
- Experience with teaching, public speaking, or leading workshops
Application Instructions: To apply, email a copy of your Fall 2018 course schedule and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations on all prospective employees.