Celebrating Open Education Week: Livestream workshop with Rajiv Jhangiani - Beyond Free: Supporting Social Justice through Open Educational Practices. Rajiv is a dynamic presence in the open education movement!
- When: Monday, March 2, 2020, 2-3pm livestream, 3-3:30pm OER networking/conversation
- Where: Auraria Library, Discovery Wall
- Who’s Invited? Faculty, Students, Staff
- Refreshments: Yes!
- Moderators – OER Campus Advocates: Sandy Zook CU Denver, Public Affairs; Melissa Randall, CCD, Business/Law; and Emily Ragan, MSU Denver, Chemistry
- Virtual attendance option: https://csuglobal.zoom.us/j/494440896
- Questions? Ellen.Metter@ucdenver.edu
Rajiv Jhangiani, Ph.D. Associate Vice Provost, Open Education at Kwantlen Polytechnic University. During this interactive online workshop, we will explore the impact of open educational practices on access, affordability, and innovation in higher education. We will consider how educators can move beyond merely making use of free resources to save students money to availing of the freedoms of open licensing to truly transform teaching and learning.
Whether by adopting an open textbook or co-creating assessments with students via open pedagogy, whether as part of the Governor’s ZTC Challenge or in response to UNESCO’s recent recommendation on open educational resources, this workshop will showcase a wide range of practices that support both equitable access and pedagogical innovation.
From: 03/02/2020 02:00 pm
To: 03/02/2020 03:30 pm
Location: Discovery Wall