Auraria Library 07.20.2020
Grab-to-Go will be available starting August 17th, Monday - Friday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and will offer safe access to library materials through a process similar to curbside pickup services.
Auraria Campus students, faculty, and staff can browse, reserve, and schedule a time for picking up their items online, then pick up their items at a Grab-to-Go station at the Lawrence St. entrance of the library.
Following guidelines from the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, along with campus-wide policies by the Auraria Higher Education Center, all those participating in our Grab-to-Go service must practice social distancing and wear a face covering at all times.
Also, as part of Phase II, the Library Café will open at limited capacity and services. Please see the Library Café page for more info.
The Grab-to-Go service is available by appointment only for Auraria Campus students, faculty, and staff.
Reserving Items Online:
Reserve an item online using Start My Research.
When you find the resource you are looking for, click on the title.
Then click the request button at the top of the page.
This will prompt you to put in your name and student, staff, or faculty ID.
Once your items become available you will be notified by e-mail. When you receive the e-mail, please use our online calendar to schedule a pick-up time. You will only be able to pick-up items during Grab-to-Go pick-up hours: Monday – Friday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Picking Up Items:
- Upon arrival to the Auraria Campus, please go to the Auraria Library - Lawrence street entrance, facing the Emmanuel Gallery. Please bring your student/faculty ID or a driver’s license and follow the markers to maintain social distancing.
- Once at the Grab-to-Go station, please show your ID to library staff to verify your order. If you do not have your student/faculty ID or driver’s license you will not be able to pick-up your items.
- A bag with your items will be placed on a table for you to retrieve. Please wait for library staff to move away from table before picking up items.
- If you are not able to pick-up your items, please call the Ask Us Desk at 303-315-7763 to reschedule. If you do not show up for your scheduled or rescheduled time, your items will be cancelled and put back into circulation.
- If you are having difficulties using the online calendar of have any other questions, please contact us at: 303-315-7763 or email@example.com.
- Will the Library be loaning specialty items, like Course Reserves, Colorado State Backpacks, or WiFi hotspots?
No, the Library will only be loaning general circulation books and media.
- Can I order Pascal or Prospector books to pick up at Grab-to-Go?
No, these services are not currently available due to COVID-19 restrictions.
- Can someone pick items up in my stead?
Yes, but both parties will need to complete the proxy borrower form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- What happened to my holds that were placed before the library physically closed due to COVID?
Your holds are still available! You can request a time to pick up the holds on the online calendar.
- Can I return items to Grab-to-Go?
Users may only return technology items: laptops, wifi hotspots, cables or cords, etc. All books will need to be returned to the 10th street book drop, open Monday at 10 a.m. to Friday at 3 p.m.