The Auraria Library Creative Technology Commons (CTC) is designed to provide hands-on support for media and technology-based project learning, giving a wider audience access to the tools and practices of digital scholarship. We are located throughout the first floor of the Auraria Library.
- Digitization services for image, video, and audio content to support teaching, learning, and research
- Support and training for digital imaging and presentation software, including Powerpoint, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe inDesign
- Support and training for digital storytelling and multimedia production software, including Windows MovieMaker, Audacity, and iMovie
- Fully-equipped, point-and-shoot portfolio photography studio and related training
- Resources, training, and support for the Auraria Visual Resources Collection, a robust web-accessible multimedia collection in ArtStor SharedShelf
- Large-format printing services
Lab Software / Equipment
Faculty, students, and staff are encouraged to use the digital imaging and multimedia equipment in the Creative Technology Commons. Training and support are available in-person subject to staffing and by appointment.
Please note, the CTC lab is a support space, not a public lab. Patrons who are using the computers for non-support related work will be asked to use the library’s other computer labs.
- Adobe Creative Suite*
- Windows Movie Maker
- Audacity audio editor
- Microsoft Office
- Camtasia instructional tutorial design*
- (6) iMac workstations
- (4) Dell Optiplex 7440 PC workstations
- (2) High-resolution flatbed scanners
- Epson 10000XL (12” x 17”)
- Epson Perfection flatbed photo scanner V-370M Pro (8.5" x 11.7")
- Slide scanner: Nikon Coolscan V ED
- (2) Headset microphones
Students, faculty, and staff from UCD, Metro, and CCD can reserve the CTC portfolio photography studio for 30 minutes up to an hour and a half. For urgent reservations (same-day), please call 303-556-2410 to confirm availability.
The studio can also be used for recording audio (interviews and narration only, not music) and video interviews.
For cancellation policy information please visit CTC Photo Studio Cancellation Policy page.
Photo Studio Equipment
- Nikon D3300 SLR Camera
- Vanguard Alta Pro Tripod
- Camera lenses
- 18-55 MM VRII lens (standard)
- Sigma 10-20 MM lens (wide angle)
- Polarizing filters
- Genaray Spectra three-light LED light kit
- Lavalier mic
- Backdrops: black muslin, gray muslin, off-white paper
The Creative Technology Commons supports large-format high-resolution color printing for Auraria campus students, faculty, and staff. Prints can be a maximum of two feet wide by any length.* This services costs $4.00 per linear foot with pricing rounded up to the nearest 25 cents. All payment must be received in full, in cash, prior to printing. Please provide for a 3-day turnaround time for all requests.
You can visit or e-mail the CTC with your file in order to obtain a price quote. Before printing, all files must be reviewed in person at the CTC.
Recommended File Settings
300ppi or higher (600ppi or higher recommended)
CMYK or RGB
JPG/PNG/TIFF, PDF, PSD, AI, INDD
The CTC maintains the Auraria Visual Resources collection, available through ArtStor, and handles faculty requests for the digitization of media. All media reproductions made by the CTC become part of the collection and may be used exclusively for educational purposes. Please permit a two-week turnaround time for digitization requests.
Please be aware that prior to being filled, all digitization requests will be reviewed for compliance with the Auraria Library Digitization Policy. We are unable to fill requests that are not in compliance with this policy.
- Digital Storytelling - Learn to find images/music, record and edit audio, and use video software to create your own digital story
- Portfolio Photography - Document your work like a pro with these camera, lighting, and photo editing tips using Photoshop and Lightroom.
- Data Visualization - Translate raw data into stories by making smart data visualization decisions
- Research Poster Design - Design an exciting and attractive research poster
- Making Powerful Presentations - Lead dynamic presentations using Powerpoint, Prezi, and other tools.
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Phone: (303) 556-2410
- Digitalization Requests: submit a CTC Media Digitization Request
- Large Format Printing: to submit a file for large-format printing review, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Request CTC-Related Instruction: request an instruction session for your class about any of our supported media/design technologies
- For all other inquiries please use our CTC Contact Form