Book or Media Donations
Thank you for thinking of the Auraria Library as a recipient for your gift of book or media items!
Material Gift Donation Guidelines
Here are items the Library does not review or accept. Such items left at the Library are discarded.
- Journal/magazine runs or individual issues
- Duplicates of resources already owned by the Library
- Items in VHS, LP, or cassette formats
- Mass market paperbacks
- Most textbooks and generally all textbooks more than 2 years old in non-humanities areas
- Titles in poor physical condition, including water damage, missing pages, or containing excessive highlighting or underlining
- Numerous books or boxes of books left at the library without pre-approval by a collection development librarian
Collection development librarians will determine if your title(s) could be of unique interest to Auraria Campus constituents. Titles that may be considered generally fall into one of these subject areas:
- Anthropology and Archaeology
- Architecture, Planning, Design, and Urban Studies
- Art and Art History (all types/styles including digital arts, performance art, etc.)
- English/Literature/ESL studies/Fiction
- Ethnic studies
- Film studies, including film scripts
- Gender studies
- Theatre: plays or recent or topical books
- Modern language learning materials and appropriate resources written in: Spanish, German, French, Latin, and Chinese.
- Library and information science
- Music books, scores, and libretti.
Questions? Contact the collection development librarian for the subject area your donation represents to see if your gift may have a home in the Auraria Library.
Please note that titles that are accepted for review are accepted with the understanding that no restrictions shall be placed on their use or disposition. Saleable titles not accepted will be forwarded to a book resale company with proceeds going to the Library. Donors are not notified regarding acceptance or non-acceptance decisions. Donors may request receipts noting the number of titles donated at the time of the donation. (Sorry, the Library does not supply a valuation of the donation.)