Collections Strategies Librarian Collections Strategies
Role in the Library
Katy oversees the Library's Learning Materials budget and provides leadership to the Collections Strategies Unit which acquires, licenses, and purchases Learning Materials (print and electronic books, journals, videos, and databases), manages the physical library stacks, oversees the Library's Interlibrary Loan services, and performs collections assessment on Learning Materials.
Katy is active in professional organizations, serving on committees and presenting at national conferences. She previously worked at Lewis & Clark Law School Library in Portland, OR. Katy joined the Auraria Library in 2012.
- 2018 National Media Market & Conference Scholarship
- 2017 Auraria Library Excellence in Librarianship Award
- 2017 NASIG Rose Robischon Scholarship
- 2016 Auraria Library Excellence in Service Award
- 2016 University of Colorado Denver Association of Lecturers and Instructors Professional Development Grant
- 2014 American Library Association, Emerging Leader
- 2013 American Library Association, New Member Round Table, Shirley Olofson Memorial Award
- 2013 Beta Phi Mu, Library and Information Studies Honor Society
Professional Affiliations and Service
- ALA, ALCTS, Ross Atkinson Lifetime Achievement Award Jury, 2018-present
- ALA, ALCTS, Committee on Research and Statistics, 2016-present
- ALA, ALCTS, Esther J. Piercy Award Jury, 2016-2017
- ALA, ALCTS, Affiliates Committee, 2013-2016
- ALA, NMRT, Shirley Olofson Memorial Award Committee, for 2014 award year
- NASIG, Student Mentoring Program Subcommittee, 2016-2018
- NASIG, Conference Planning Committee, 2015-2016
- NASIG, Student Outreach Committee, 2012-2017
- Colorado Alliance of Research Libraries, Shared Collection Development Committee, 2016-present
- Colorado Open Scholarship Summit/Series Committee, 2016-2017
- Colorado Association of Libraries, Revisions Committee, 2012-2013
CU System Committes
- CU Electronic Resources Team (CLERT), 2014-present
MLIS, San Jose State University
BA, Seattle University
Browning, S., DiVittorio, K. (2017, April). Resource Management: Reorganizing to Reassess and Remain Sane. Against the Grain, 29 (2), 69-71.
DiVittorio, K, Swauger, S., Filipetti, J. Browning, S. (2017, January 21) RelaxMap. Against the Grain Special Report.
DiVittorio, K. (2013, December). 2013 North American Serials Interest Group Conference (NASIG) 28th Annual Conference: Art of Information, Architecture of Knowledge. Serials Review, 39 (4), 271–277.