The Auraria Library is committed to providing all patrons with disabilities access to Library facilities, information resources, services and programs.
The Library works closely with the three accessibility offices on campus on services for students with disabilities. If you have a request not mentioned in the services listed below, please contact us to discuss other options.
- Research help is available in person at Ask Us or by phone, email or chat
- Retrieval of library materials
- Copying and scanning assistance
- Authorizing another individual to pick up materials
Universal Access Computer Workstations
Auraria Library has two Universal Access Computer Workstations with assistive hardware and software, including:
- JAWS | (Job Access With Speech) Screen Reader Software
- DRAGON I Speech Recognition Software
- Read&Write Gold | Reading & Writing Support Software by textHELP (on all computer workstations in the Library)
- Video Phone Relay System | communication over video telephones via a sign language interpreter.
- Intel Reader | reads printed material aloud
- UbiDuo System | face-to-face communication assistance
The Auraria Library welcomes service animals as defined by the ADAAA. For additional assistance, please contact us by email, phone (303-315-7763), or in person.