The Auraria Library is committed to providing all patrons with disabilities access to Library facilities, information resources, services and programs.
The Library works closely with the diversity & inclusion offices for all three institutions on campus on services for students with disabilities. If you have a request not mentioned in the services listed below, please contact us to discuss other options.
- Research help is available in person at Ask Us or by phone, email or chat
- Retrieval of Library materials on-demand and through the library holds process
- Copying and scanning assistance
- Authorizing another individual to pick up materials
Assistive Technology Workstations
Auraria Library has six Assistive Technology Workstations with the following software:
- DRAGON I Speech Recognition Software
- JAWS | (Job Access With Speech) Screen Reader Software
- ZoomText | Screen Magnification Software
- Read&Write Gold | Reading & Writing Support Software by text help (on all computer workstations in the Library)
The Assistive Technology Workstations are throughout the library:
- North Computing (3)
- South Computing (1)
- West Computing (1)
- ADA/Assistive Tech Room 210H (Bookable at Book Study Rooms)
Use this map to locate these workstations.
One laptop with DRAGON software is available for checkout at the Ask Us Desk.
- Video Phone Relay System | communication over video telephones via a sign language interpreter.
- Intel Reader | reads printed material aloud
- UbiDuo System | face-to-face communication assistance
- Topaz | desktop video magnifier
The Auraria Library welcomes service animals as defined by the ADAAA. For additional assistance, please contact us by email, phone (303-315-7763), or in person.