The Auraria Library is committed to providing all patrons with disabilities access to Library facilities, information resources, services and programs.
The Library works closely with the three accessibility offices on campus on services for students with disabilities. If you have a request not mentioned in the services listed below, please contact us to discuss other options.
- Research help is available in person at Ask Us or by phone, email or chat
- Retrieval of library materials
- Copying and scanning assistance
- Authorizing another individual to pick up materials
Assistive Technology Workstations
Auraria Library has six Assistive Technology Workstations with the following software:
- DRAGON I Speech Recognition Software
- JAWS | (Job Access With Speech) Screen Reader Software
- ZoomText | Screen Magnification Software
- Read&Write Gold | Reading & Writing Support Software by textHELP (on all computer workstations in the Library)
The Assistive Technology Workstations are throughout the library:
- North Computing (3)
- South Computing (1)
- West Computing (1)
- ADA/Assistive Tech Room 210H (Bookable at Book Study Rooms)
- Video Phone Relay System | communication over video telephones via a sign language interpreter.
- Intel Reader | reads printed material aloud
- UbiDuo System | face-to-face communication assistance
- Topaz | desktop video magnifier
The Auraria Library welcomes service animals as defined by the ADAAA. For additional assistance, please contact us by email, phone (303-315-7763), or in person.