The Auraria Library Digital Media Studio (DMS) is a space designed to provide hands-on support for photo, video, and audio production.
- Portfolio photography studio and on-site support
- Video recording studio and on-site support
- Audio recording studio and on-site support
- Drop-in media project support services have moved to the Innovation Garage
Find this Space
We are located on the first floor next to the yellow staircase in the Auraria Library.
Use the New Interactive Floor Maps to view where the DMS space is located inside the library.
Photo, Video, and Audio Studio
Students, faculty, and staff from CU Denver, MSU Denver, and CCD may reserve the DMS portfolio photography, video and audio recording studio for 30 minutes up to an hour and a half. For same day reservations, please call 303-315-7760 to confirm availability.
The audio studio can be used for recording interviews and narration only, not music.
Photo and Video Studio Equipment
- Nikon D850 DSLR Camera
- Nikon D3300 DSLR Camera
- Canon VIXIA HF G20 Video Camera
- Camera lenses
- 18-55 MM VRII lens (standard)
- Sigma 10-20 MM lens (wide angle)
- Genaray Spectra three-light LED light kit
- Gold/silver flat reflector panel
- Lavalier mics
- Rode VideoMic Pro Compact VMP Shotgun Microphone
- Paper Backdrops: black, charcoal, gray, light gray, green, cream, white
The DMS maintains the Auraria Digital Resources collection, available through ArtStor, and handles faculty requests for the digitization of video, audio, and printed materials to support teaching, learning, and research. Items digitized will be added to this collection. Upon request, items may be digitized with subtitles embedded in them; however, we do not have the ability to provide captioning. Digitization requests are handled in the order they are received and require a minimum of two (2) weeks to complete. At the time of placing your request, we will give you an estimate of when digitization will be complete.
Please be aware that prior to being filled, all digitization requests will be reviewed for compliance with the Auraria Library Digitization Policy. We are unable to fill requests that are not in compliance with this policy.
- Digital Storytelling - Learn to find images/music, record and edit audio, and use video software to create your own digital story
- Data Visualization - Translate raw data into stories by making smart data visualization decisions
- Research Poster Design - Design an exciting and attractive research poster
- Making Powerful Presentations - Lead dynamic presentations using Powerpoint, Prezi, and other tools.