The Auraria Library Digital Media Studio (DMS) is designed to provide hands-on support for media and technology-based project learning, giving a wider audience access to the tools and practices of digital literacy. We are located on the first floor next to the yellow staircase in the Auraria Library.
- Support and training for digital imaging and presentation software, including Powerpoint, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe InDesign
- Support and training for digital storytelling and multimedia production software, including Adobe Premiere, WeVideo, Audacity, and iMovie
- Fully-equipped, point-and-shoot portfolio photography studio and related training
- Digitization equipment for image, video, and audio
Lab Software / Equipment
Faculty, students, and staff are encouraged to use the digital imaging and multimedia equipment in the DMS. Training and support are available in-person subject to staffing.
Please note, the DMS is a support space, not a public lab. Patrons who are using the computers for non-support related work will be asked to use the library’s other computer labs.
- Adobe Creative Suite*
- Audacity audio editor
- Microsoft Office
- Camtasia Studio 8 instructional tutorial design*
- iMac workstations
- Dell PC workstations
- High-resolution flatbed scanners
- Epson 10000XL (12” x 17”)
- Epson Perfection flatbed photo scanner V-370M Pro (8.5" x 11.7")
- Slide scanner: Nikon Coolscan V ED
- Headset microphones
* This software is not available on every computer.
|Digital Media Studio Hours|
Monday - Thursday, 9:00am- 5:00pm
Friday, 9:00am - 3:00pm
Monday – Thursday, 9:00am – 3:00pm
Monday – Thursday, 9:00am - 5:00pm
Friday, 9:00am - 3:00pm
Students, faculty, and staff from UC Denver, Metro, and CCD can reserve the DMS portfolio photography studio for 30 minutes up to an hour and a half. For same day reservations, please call 303-315-7760 to confirm availability.
The studio can also be used for recording audio (interviews and narration only, not music) and video interviews.
For cancellation policy information please visit DMS Photo Studio Cancellation Policy page.
Photo Studio Equipment
- Nikon D850 DSLR Camera
- Nikon D3300 DSLR Camera
- Canon VIXIA HF G20 Video Camera
- Camera lenses
- 18-55 MM VRII lens (standard)
- Sigma 10-20 MM lens (wide angle)
- Genaray Spectra three-light LED light kit
- Gold/silver flat reflector panel
- Lavalier mics
- Rode VideoMic Pro Compact VMP Shotgun Microphone
- Paper Backdrops: black, charcoal, gray, light gray, green, cream, white
The DMS maintains the Auraria Digital Resources collection, available through ArtStor, and handles faculty requests for the digitization of video, audio, and printed materials to support teaching, learning, and research. Items digitized will be added to this collection. Upon request, items may be digitized with subtitles embedded in them; however, we do not have the ability to provide captioning. Digitization requests are handled in the order they are received and require a minimum of two (2) weeks to complete. At the time of placing your request, we will give you an estimate of when digitization will be complete.
Please be aware that prior to being filled, all digitization requests will be reviewed for compliance with the Auraria Library Digitization Policy. We are unable to fill requests that are not in compliance with this policy.
- Digital Storytelling - Learn to find images/music, record and edit audio, and use video software to create your own digital story
- Data Visualization - Translate raw data into stories by making smart data visualization decisions
- Research Poster Design - Design an exciting and attractive research poster
- Making Powerful Presentations - Lead dynamic presentations using Powerpoint, Prezi, and other tools.