Katy DiVittorio (she, her, hers)
Collection Development and Strategies Department Head
Collection Development and Strategies Department
Role in the Library
As the Collection Development and Strategies Department Head, Katy manages and leads the team responsible for the selection, acquisition, development, management and assessment of high-quality Learning Material collections in all formats and across all disciplines to support the research, teaching, and administration needs of the Auraria campus.
Katy joined Auraria Library in 2012.
- 2019 CU Denver Office of Diversity and Inclusion Grant
- 2018 National Media Market & Conference Scholarship
- 2017 Auraria Library Excellence in Librarianship Award
- 2017 NASIG Rose Robischon Scholarship
- 2016 Auraria Library Excellence in Service Award
- 2016 & 2018 University of Colorado Denver Association of Lecturers and Instructors Professional Development Grant
- 2014 American Library Association, Emerging Leader
- 2013 American Library Association, New Members Round Table, Shirley Olofson Memorial Award
- 2013 Beta Phi Mu, Library and Information Studies Honor Society
- DiVittorio, K. & Gianelli, L. “Aligning Library Business Practices and Library Values: Ethical Financial Stewardship”. Opening Keynote Panel at ER&L Conference, March 14, 2022.
- DiVittorio, K., Gaddis, P., Nelson, R. (2021, May 19) "SILLVR: Streaming Interlibrary Loan Video Resources". NASIG Online Conference.
- DiVittorio, K., Gaddis, P., Browning, S. (2020, September 9) "SILLVR: Streaming Interlibrary Loan Video Resources". Northwest Interlibrary Loan & Resource Sharing Conference. Online.
- DiVittorio, K. et al. (2019, April 26) “ILL for Streaming Video”. CO ILL Conference. Westminster, CO.
- DiVittorio, K. et al. (2019, March 5) “The Licensing Elephant in the Room: Resource Sharing for Streaming Video” ER&L Conference, Austin, TX.
- DiVittorio, K., Galey, M., Higgins, M. (2017, August 10) “Inadvertent ILL: Reimagining Acquisitions & ILL Workflows”. NWILL Conference. Portland, OR.
- DiVittorio, K., DeRosa, K., Higgins, M. (2016, November 18) “Use It or Lose It: The Power of Usage Data with Print Periodical Subscriptions”. Alliance Library Assessments Workshop. Denver, CO
- DiVittorio, K., & Browning, S. (2016, June 10) “Dude, Where’s My Staff?” NASIG Conference, Albuquerque, NM.
- Cunningham, S., DiVittorio, K., Smith, K., & Smolinski, A. (2014, June 27) “Building Your Web and Making it Grow: Virtual ALCTS 101”. ALA Annual Conference, Las Vegas, NV.
- Browning, S. & DiVittorio, K. (2014, March 19) “Beyond ‘I Clicked the Link, But It Didn't Work!: What Analyzing Troubleshooting Reveals”.
- ER&L Conference, Austin, TX.
Professional Affiliations and Service
M.L.I.S. San Jose State University
B.A. Seattle University
DiVittorio, K., Gianelli, L. (2021, March 31). "Ethical Financial Stewardship: One Library's Examination of Vendors' Business Practices." In The Library With The Lead Pipe.
DiVittorio, K., et al. (2020). “SILLVR: Streaming Interlibrary Loan Video Resources.” Collaborative Librarianship. Vol. 11, Iss. 4, Article 8.
DiVittorio, K. (2019, April) "Serials Spoken here: Reports of Conferences, Institutes and Seminars. Acquiring Whiteness: A panel discussion between librarians and publishers on diversity, inclusion, and equity in scholarly publishing and acquisitions." Serials Review, 44(4), 324-326.
Browning, S., DiVittorio, K. (2017, April). "Resource Management: Reorganizing to Reassess and Remain Sane." Against the Grain, 29 (2), 69-71.
DiVittorio, K. (2013, December). "2013 North American Serials Interest Group Conference (NASIG) 28th Annual Conference: Art of Information, Architecture of Knowledge." Serials Review, 39 (4), 271–277.