Katy DiVittorio (she, her, hers)
Department Head Collections Strategies
Role in the Library
Katy oversees the Library's Learning Materials budget and provides leadership to the Collections Strategies Department which acquires, licenses, and purchases Learning Materials (print and electronic books, journals, videos, and databases), manages the physical library stacks, oversees the Library's Interlibrary Loan services, and performs collections assessment on Learning Materials.
Katy is active in professional organizations, serving on committees and presenting at national conferences. She previously worked at Lewis & Clark Law School Library in Portland, OR. Katy joined the Auraria Library in 2012.
- 2019 CU Denver Office of Diversity and Inclusion Grant
- 2018 National Media Market & Conference Scholarship
- 2017 Auraria Library Excellence in Librarianship Award
- 2017 NASIG Rose Robischon Scholarship
- 2016 Auraria Library Excellence in Service Award
- 2016 & 2018 University of Colorado Denver Association of Lecturers and Instructors Professional Development Grant
- 2014 American Library Association, Emerging Leader
- 2013 American Library Association, New Members Round Table, Shirley Olofson Memorial Award
- 2013 Beta Phi Mu, Library and Information Studies Honor Society
- DiVittorio, K., Gaddis, P., Browning, S. (2020, September 9) "SILLVR: Streaming Interlibrary Loan Video Resources". Northwest Interlibrary Loan & Resource Sharing Conference. Online.
- DiVittorio, K. et al. (2019, April 26) “ILL for Streaming Video”. CO ILL Conference. Westminster, CO.
- DiVittorio, K. et al. (2019, March 5) “The Licensing Elephant in the Room: Resource Sharing for Streaming Video” ER&L Conference, Austin, TX.
- DiVittorio, K., Galey, M., Higgins, M. (2017, August 10) “Inadvertent ILL: Reimagining Acquisitions & ILL Workflows”. NWILL Conference. Portland, OR.
- DiVittorio, K., DeRosa, K., Higgins, M. (2016, November 18) “Use It or Lose It: The Power of Usage Data with Print Periodical Subscriptions”. Alliance Library Assessments Workshop. Denver, CO
- DiVittorio, K., & Browning, S. (2016, June 10) “Dude, Where’s My Staff?” NASIG Conference, Albuquerque, NM.
- Cunningham, S., DiVittorio, K., Smith, K., & Smolinski, A. (2014, June 27) “Building Your Web and Making it Grow: Virtual ALCTS 101”. ALA Annual Conference, Las Vegas, NV.
- Browning, S. & DiVittorio, K. (2014, March 19) “Beyond ‘I Clicked the Link, But It Didn't Work!: What Analyzing Troubleshooting Reveals”.
- ER&L Conference, Austin, TX.
Professional Affiliations and Service
- NASIG, Executive Board, Member-At-Large, 2020-present
- NASIG, Evaluation and Assessment Committee, 2019-2020
- NASIG, Student Mentoring Program Subcommittee, 2016-2018
- NASIG, Conference Planning Committee, 2015-2016
- NASIG, Student Outreach Committee, 2012-2017
- ALA, ALCTS, Ross Atkinson Lifetime Achievement Award Jury, 2018-2019
- ALA, ALCTS, Committee on Research and Statistics, 2016-2019
- ALA, ALCTS, Esther J. Piercy Award Jury, 2016-2017
- ALA, ALCTS, Affiliates Committee, 2013-2016
- ALA, NMRT, Shirley Olofson Memorial Award Committee, for 2014 award year
- Colorado Alliance of Research Libraries, Shared Collection Development Committee, 2016-present
- Diversity and Inclusivity in Collection Building Workshop, 2019
- Colorado Open Scholarship Summit/Series Committee, 2016-2017
CU System Committees
- CU System Libraries Mentoring Taskforce, 2019
- CU Libraries Electronic Resources Team (CLERT), 2014-present
M.L.I.S. San Jose State University
B.A. Seattle University
A.A. Whatcom Community College
DiVittorio, K., Gianelli, L. (2021, March 31). "Ethical Financial Stewardship: One Library's Examination of Vendors' Business Practices." In The Library With The Lead Pipe.
DiVittorio, K., et al. (2020). “SILLVR: Streaming Interlibrary Loan Video Resources.” Collaborative Librarianship. Vol. 11, Iss. 4, Article 8.
DiVittorio, K. (2019, April) "Serials Spoken here: Reports of Conferences, Institutes and Seminars. Acquiring Whiteness: A panel discussion between librarians and publishers on diversity, inclusion, and equity in scholarly publishing and acquisitions." Serials Review, 44(4), 324-326.
Browning, S., DiVittorio, K. (2017, April). "Resource Management: Reorganizing to Reassess and Remain Sane." Against the Grain, 29 (2), 69-71.
DiVittorio, K. (2013, December). "2013 North American Serials Interest Group Conference (NASIG) 28th Annual Conference: Art of Information, Architecture of Knowledge." Serials Review, 39 (4), 271–277.