Book or Media Donations
Thank you for thinking of the Auraria Library as a recipient for your gift of book or media items. Please review the gift guidelines below to see if your gift is a good fit for the Library.
Gift Donation Guidelines
Non-duplicative scholarly and educational materials that support campus curricular and research needs are considered for acceptance.
Below are items the Library does not review or accept. Such items left at the Library are discarded.
- Duplicates of resources owned by the Library
- VHS, LP, or cassette formats
- Sheet music
- Mass market paperbacks
- Advance reading copies or bound or unbound galleys
- Outdated books, including textbooks in rapidly changing fields
- Most government publications
- Items in poor physical condition
- Materials left at the library without pre-approval by a collection development librarian
Initiating the Gift Assessment Process
If your gifts meet Gift Donation Guidelines, please fill out the Donation Form. A collection development librarian will evaluate the donation, to see if your gift may have a home in the Auraria Library.
Some things to know:
- No pick-up service is available. Upon acceptance of materials, donors may schedule a pre-arranged drop-off of materials with a collection development librarian, Monday - Friday.
- Items are accepted with the understanding that no restrictions shall be placed on their use or retention. The Library reserves the right to attempt to resell donated items with proceeds going to the Library. Donors are not notified regarding acceptance or non-acceptance decisions. Donors may request receipts noting number of titles donated. The Library does not supply donation valuation.
Other Places for Your Gifts
Public libraries often welcome gifts for their collections or book sales. Stores specializing in used items, books, and LP’s may also accept donations.